Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
This is a process by which individuals who have expressed a desire to know more about the Catholic Faith, meet with members of our community for Catechetical sessions, faith sharing, and when ready, full initiation into the Faith through the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
The RCIA is open to:
- Non-Catholics interested in Catholic Faith;
- Any Catholic who is baptised but has not celebrated the Sacraments of Eucharist and/or Confirmation; and
- Any child over the age of 7 that has not been baptised (Care is taken that the process is modified to suit children).
The RCIA leaders help you to take your first steps on this journey with:
- Weekly sessions about what Catholics believe; containing both instruction and informal discussion and questions;
- Informal faith-sharing where you can share your story with us and we share ours with you, helping us all better recognise God actively working in our lives;
- Special preparatory rites along the way to help strengthen you as you prepare for the sacraments of initiation;
- The celebration of Baptism, or of reception into the church (for non-Catholics who are already baptized);
- Confirmation and Holy Communion (Eucharist); and
- Living out your ever deepening relationship with Christ and His People.
For more information about the RCIA process, please contact us.
O Lord God,
I hope by your grace for the pardon
of all my sins
and after life here to gain eternal happiness
because you have promised it
who are infinitely powerful, faithful, kind,
In this hope I intend to live and die.